My 2nd most favorite month of the year (1st belongs to February).
I am excited about a lot of things. Christmas. Parties. Gifts. Bonus. Games. Holidays.
Back to the real point of this post, I am thankful for the following:
1. U! Happy Event. For the countless opportunities they've given me and the other volunteers to help out and make our beneficiary kids enjoy their day with magic shows, film showing, games, dancing, singing, and a lot more! Looking forward to more events this December and in the coming years. :)
2. Work. Time flies so fast. One year na ko sa Feb! Thank you for making my work enjoyable, fun, and for providing the well-needed stress sometimes. Hehe.
3. Travel-filled 2011. This deserves a separate post, but let me just enumerate the provinces/cities I've been to this year. Boracay (2x). Davao. Tuguegarao. Cauayan. Santiago. Cebu. Baguio. (Can I count Laguna & Cavite? Hahaha!)
4. Starbucks! In September, I vowed not to have coffee from Starbucks, Coffee Bean or any other coffee shops. Ok na ako sa timpla ni Ate Lilia. :) But same with the frenzy THE Starbucks planner creates, I gave in. And drank too much. I got two planners! Hahaha! (Wag akong pandilatan ng mata, I didn't earn all the stickers by drinking. I treated some colleagues, my sister, I held meetings...and the list goes on. Hahaha!)
5. Boracay! For a relaxing and fun-filled weekend. Till next year! :)
I bought the box set of Hunger Games Trilogy for my sister. I know I'm going to read it soon.
I bought it two or three months ago, I think. And it is only when the boyfriend asked if I have the books (and asked to borrow it), that I decided I should read it first to give a good recommendation to the boyfriend. Hahaha!
I started Saturday morning with the first book, and was done yesterday (Monday). I just can't seem to put the book down. It just gets more exciting as I move from chapter to chapter. I felt like I was in the Arena as well. Although, at first, I was trying to grasp the whole idea of "killing" tributes. I thought the book was all about brutality and all not-so-good-stuffs. Good thing I tried reading more pages, that's when I can't stop reading. :)
I'm almost halfway done with the 2nd book (Catching Fire), and I plan to bring the 3rd book to Boracay this weekend. I can't wait to finish, but also sad to end my short affair with Katniss, Gale and Peeta.
Are you looking for a good, entertaining book to read? I can recommend the Hunger Games Trilogy. Not my usual chick-lit/boy-meets-girl/rom-com book, but definitely a must-read. :)
Oh, and this will also be shown in the big screens in 2012. No huge expectations though, we know that great-books usually turn to blockbusters-but-not-so-good movies, right?