My Life. My Love. My Stories. My Success. My Happiness. My Favorite Things. My Friends. My Family. My Work. Myself.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hunger Games

I bought the box set of Hunger Games Trilogy for my sister. I know I'm going to read it soon.


I bought it two or three months ago, I think. And it is only when the boyfriend asked if I have the books (and asked to borrow it), that I decided I should read it first to give a good recommendation to the boyfriend. Hahaha!


I started Saturday morning with the first book, and was done yesterday (Monday). I just can't seem to put the book down. It just gets more exciting as I move from chapter to chapter. I felt like I was in the Arena as well. Although, at first, I was trying to grasp the whole idea of "killing" tributes. I thought the book was all about brutality and all not-so-good-stuffs. Good thing I tried reading more pages, that's when I can't stop reading. :)


I'm almost halfway done with the 2nd book (Catching Fire), and I plan to bring the 3rd book to Boracay this weekend. I can't wait to finish, but also sad to end my short affair with Katniss, Gale and Peeta.


Are you looking for a good, entertaining book to read? I can recommend the Hunger Games Trilogy. Not my usual chick-lit/boy-meets-girl/rom-com book, but definitely a must-read. :)


Oh, and this will also be shown in the big screens in 2012. No huge expectations though, we know that great-books usually turn to blockbusters-but-not-so-good movies, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails