My Life. My Love. My Stories. My Success. My Happiness. My Favorite Things. My Friends. My Family. My Work. Myself.

Friday, June 24, 2011

One Rainy Night, in a bookstore

(klooj) n. Slang A clumsy or inelegant solution to a problem.


While waiting for the rain to stop, I decided to spend time in my favorite store in any mall. National Bookstore. :)


I thought to myself: "If I'm going to be stranded due to flooding and heavy rains, I might as well have with me a good book to read. :)"


I already had 3 books on hand when I went upstairs (Btw, I was in NBS Bestsellers in Galleria) to check out more bargain books.


Then I came across this yellow (striking, isn't it?) book. Actually, a girl was also holding another copy of it which got me curious. So, I checked it out.


At the back, it says:
How is it that we can recognize photos from our high school yearbook decades later but cannot remember what we ate for breakfast yesterday? And why are we inclined to buy more cans of soup if the sign says Limit 12 per customer rather than Limit 4 per customer? In Kluge, Gary Marcus puts the burden squarely on evolution.
It was actually the 2nd line that struck me. Maybe this is the solution to my pity buys. Haven't you been a "victim" of the group-buying mayhem? In mega-tent / super-sale / big bazaar events? Hahaha!


I'll let you know if it is indeed a good read. :)


Aside from these books, I also bought the newest book of the Privilege series.
And two of my Cute Sister's Birthday Book Wishlist.


Sayang, if I only won in Chuvaness Clean & Clear contest, I could have gotten these books also.



These got me curious, too. It's in the Science Fiction section.
Any idea if it's any good? :)
Oh, I almost forgot. I also bought the latest (July)  YES! Magazine


Stay dry and safe, everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails