My Life. My Love. My Stories. My Success. My Happiness. My Favorite Things. My Friends. My Family. My Work. Myself.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Last Few Days

I’m now counting the days.

Last week, one of my closest friend at work (oh, even outside work) wittingly said: “Para kang teleserye ah, huling dalawang linggo na lang. Hahaha!”

To which I replied with: “I know! Kaya abangan ang mga kapana-panabik na eksena. Marami pang surprises, katatawanan at exciting na pangyayari sa mga huling araw ko. Hahaha!”

I can laugh about my resignation, about me leaving the company, now. But I know that when the idea sinks in, I’ll also be saddened (a bit). Some of my soon-to-be former colleagues have become my friends in my almost two-year-stay here in the company.

I will surely miss the funny anecdotes, heart-breaking stories, embarrassing moments, 90’s commercial jingles, GTWM Podcasts, breakfast meals, lots of Shakey’s Pizza & Mojos, Amber’s Spaghetti & Pichi-Pichi, Buddy’s Pancit Lucban, the birthday 'surprises', lunch treats, lunch extortion, Tolits' Math Skills, Kit's old age, Leah&Ems bully-ness, Turs' "Buendia na ko", Kat's lovelife, Von's escapades, Mahir's kakulitan and a lot more that we have shared over the past years.

Despite the closeness of our group, I am still eager to leave. Not only to take on and grab a bigger opportunity, but also to let go of the stress, negativity and other not-so-good things I have been experiencing these past few months. J

What are your thoughts about leaving your colleagues-turned-friends? About leaving the company you’ve worked with? About moving to a new work environment?

I am quite excited and scared. I am also happy and sad at the same time. But honestly, I feel so relieved that I will be leaving and moving on.

I’d like to end this with another conversation with a fellow resignee (is there such a term? Hahaha!). This just shows how relieved and happy we both feel. Hahaha!

Me: Grabe, ang sarap ng feeling pag lumalabas ako ng office. Parang gusto kong sumigaw ng “Yehey, apat na araw na lang, last day ko na”.
C: Ako nga, ang bilis ko bumangon sa umaga. Ganyan din ang sinasabi ko.

Our colleagues / friends just stared at us with a hint of jealousy. Hahaha! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails