My Life. My Love. My Stories. My Success. My Happiness. My Favorite Things. My Friends. My Family. My Work. Myself.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Can Exceed My Limitations

Running used to be out of my vocabulary before.

I started to enjoy running this year with the motivations from friends and the boyfriend.

I can say that I'm not a hard-core runner. Oh, I haven't done 10k for the longest time.

So, joining fun-runs and paying to get tired is really something new to me.

You can say that I exceeded my limitations when I ran for light. (Details here)

I was up around 3 in the morning to prep up and head to the Fort for my 5k run.

It was raining cats and dogs. My friends and I were about to back out but decided otherwise.

Well, you guessed it right. We were soaking wet during the entire race!

I believe this has been my biggest physical challenge so far. Who would have enjoyed running with dripping-wet and soaked running shoes, eh?


I believe I exceeded my limitations and succeeded. :)

Oh, and it's important to be protected while doing sports. And by being protected, I don't only mean wearing life vests, helmets, knee pads and the likes. But you should smell great as well. You wouldn't want to win a game just because your opponent can't take how you smell, right? Good thing, there's Safeguard Active who won't let bad hygiene distract you from exceeding your athletic limitations and in beating your personal best.

Speaking of my personal best. Yes, aside from running wet and wild, I beat my personal best by finishing 5k, two minutes faster than my now 2nd personal best time. How's that for exceeding another limitation? :)

Since we're talking about sports here, who do I look up to when it comes to sports? Well, with the recently concluded London Olympics , my favorite sports athlete would have to be Michael Phelps. Beating so many records definitely shows how he extremely exceeded his and everyone's limitations.

You know how else you can beat your own limitations? Maybe you can set-up a timer on your side, measure how far 20-meters can go and try to beat Coach Rio's 2.3s record for the 20-m dash. Watch this to get more inspired and motivated to exceed your limitations. :)


Feel free to share your moments when you've exceeded your limitations. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails