My Life. My Love. My Stories. My Success. My Happiness. My Favorite Things. My Friends. My Family. My Work. Myself.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello, 2012!

I've been MIA for weeks (my previous posts are not counted as legit posts. I seem to use my blog as my tumblr, too. Hahaha!) and reasons for which are events to attend to, countless Christmas/NewYear get-togethers, endless meetings, deadlines, projects, and the list goes on...


Coming back from a 4-day weekend (Yes, I was on leave yesterday), makes me more tamad than usual today. Hahaha! I know I shouldn't be, so now I'm drinking my 1st coffee for 2012! :)


Anyway, I came across this post from Tara's blog and I've decided to start my 2012 blog posts by answering these questions as well. :)

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Travel international! Thanks to Singapore for my first passport 'stamp'. :)


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I actually have forgotten already if I really 'documented' my resolutions for 2011. I will definitely write a set of things-to-do (alongside with my 30 Things Before 30 list). I'm sure these things-to-do will also be somewhat resolutions-related. :)


3. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, none. :)


4.Did anyone close to you give birth?
I consider Ems & Kay to be close friends of mine. So, Yes. :)


5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? 
Savings! As in, I really need to learn and have enough self-control to save!


6.What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 1. I had a nerve-wracking, serious, and positive talk with someone so dear to me.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 10. (And I hope -- err, I promised myself -- that I'll lose 10 more this 1Q 2012) :)



8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. :)


9. What was the best thing you bought? 
An iPhone (which I got from my Globe plan). A watch for the boyfriend.


10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmmm, honestly, I don't get this question? Can someone explain this to me please? Hehe. :)


11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? 
Typhoon Sendong. I was in CDO the day after this depressing event happened.


12. Where did most of your money go?
Boracay. Singapore. Davao. Boracay. And a few more places in-between (work-related).

I almost forgot the group-buying sites

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Boracay in November. I was really, really, really excited because we didn't have any itineraries to follow. We just went there to relax and unwind. :)


14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Alone. Not that I consider it my song, I just love the song. And oh, I love to sing it, too. (Alone though. Hahaha!)


15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

  • Happier or sadder? Happier
  • Richer or poorer? Hmmm, shamefully poorer (I think)
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Bake and cook. I think I haven't touched our oven the whole of 2011. I am sure I haven't done Lasagna or Shepherd's Pie. I need to bake and cook more in 2012!


17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating! Hahaha!


18. How will you be spending Christmas? 
I spent it at home with family. I slept 9pm, and asked my sister to wake me up 1130. She woke me up twice, but failed. I woke up 1230. Hahaha!


19. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I haven't fallen out of love since 2005. I am still and will always be in love, with X. :)


20. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, this is tough. To be fair, I'm listing my top 5 TV Series. 

Revenge. Covert Affairs. CSIs (all three of them). Grey's Anatomy. Gossip Girl.

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a big word, don't you think? But still, I am thisclose to hating someone.


22. What was the best book you read?
Same with Tara's choice and recommendation, Tony Hsieh's Delivering Happiness. It just taught me a lot! I lent my copy to the boyfriend so he can also enjoy the book. :)

Oh, Hunger Games Trilogy, too. :)

23. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
I'm really not a music person, so any new song is a musical discovery for me. Hahaha!


24. What did you want and got?
New phone. Go to Boracay twice in 2011. :)


25. What was your fave film of this year?

26. What did you do on your birthday?
Celebrated my birthday in the office. Dinner at home.


27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Plain. Tried to move out of my plain-Weng-look (which usually consisted of black pieces). Explored a bit. :)


28.What kept you sane?
My friends.


29. Which celebrity figure you fancy the most? 
Auggie of Covert Affairs.


30. Who was the best new person you met?
Work-friends. The new company as a whole. If I have to name one, it would be my boss. :)


31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?

Hard work really pays off well. :)


Would you like to start your 2012 with these questions? Feel free to copy and paste, and of course, share me your thoughts also. :)


Happy New Year, dear readers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails