My Life. My Love. My Stories. My Success. My Happiness. My Favorite Things. My Friends. My Family. My Work. Myself.

Friday, April 20, 2012

February Books

Yes, another delayed post. Anyway, I'm happy to announce that I've finished Stieg Larsson's trilogy in month. I was even able to squeeze in the movie adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. :)

Anyway, I loved all books. I was even sad when I learned that Larsson's passed away. Who'll finish his 4th book? As of this writing, it's still under debate.


I liked how he put in the mystery, technology and other scheme-y things in all three books. I fancy those scheme-y types of novels, especially in the movies. Not that I have an intention to rob a bank, but I really enjoy watching movies with robbing/hacking/security/etc plot...
 
Back to the book, although I loved all books, I found the first book really disturbing. When I watched the movie, I couldn't help but click on fast-forward when it came to Lisbeth Salander's rape scene. Ugh! The image is coming back again. :(

The plot as a whole was really exciting. Bringing you back and forth to the past and present. I just had a hard remembering all the names. There were a lot of characters involved! Especially in the first book where most belonged to the Vanger family.

I am no 'book reviewer'. I hope you weren't bored with my so-called book review. Hahaha!
 


Have you read any of Larsson's books? I suggest you try to read it now, it may be boring at first but believe me, it will get better. As you leaf another page, it just gets better. :)

Feel free to share your thoughts on the books. Would love to know how you felt after reading the books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails